Description (Specialty Services)
- CPID refers to Eastern’s process of adding a protective interlock armor to customer supplied core (wire, cable or fiber).
- As an option, an outer jacket of specially formulated PVC can be added to provide further protection.
- CPID can often eliminate the costly and time consuming process of installing cable into conventional conduit raceways.
Eastern has CSA approval to armor and jacket for an extensive range of applications, including:
- UL® Listed to 2024 (Optical Fiber Cable Raceways – FT4)
- In accordance with (NEC®) as defined in Articles 725, 770, 800 and 820.
- CPID can be combined to provide further cost savings in the installation of cables.
- Data cables: including fiber optics.
- Fire alarm and Signal Cables (CSA C22.2 No. 208 M 1986).
- Metal clad (UL® Standard 1569, CSA-NRTL, CSA-C22-174 M 1984, CSA-C22.2 No. 239-M9).
- Control & Instrumental Cables.
- Communications Cables CSA-C22.2 No. 214-94, UL®-444, CSA – C/US.